RobbinsPlace.com -
 

Ships Owned By Pinkham & Co.

The following ships are those known to have been owned or part owned by members of the Pinkham family.  All the ships were registered in Plymouth.

 Keturah

 (#5813) 151.22 Tons, Brigantine rigged. Built at Bridport, Dorset in 1855. 

Original owners Joseph Soper of Plymouth, merchant (56/64 shares) and James Pinkham of Plymouth, master mariner (8/64 shares)

Reregistered in 1866.  New owners James Pinkham (32/64 shares) and Cyprian Pinkham (32/64 shares)

 Pink

 (#19785) 145.95 Tons, Schooner rigged. Built in Teignmouth in 1857.

Original owners William Pinkham of Plymouth, master mariner (32/64), James Gent of Plymouth, shipbuilder (16/64), Joseph Soper of Plymouth, Ship owner (16/64).

Lost on entering the harbour of St Johns Newfoundland on 14th October 1866.

 Polly Pinkham

 (#56657) 141.38 Tons, Schooner rigged. Built in Teignmouth in 1867.

Original owners William Pinkham of Stokeinteignhead, master mariner (32/64), Joseph Soper of Newton Abbott, gentleman (32/64).

Lost off Annestown, county Tipperary on 13th February 1881.

 Kitty Pinkham

 (#56666) 164.95 Tons, Schooner rigged. Built in Teignmouth in 1867.

Original owners William Pinkham of Stokeinteignhead, master mariner (28/64), John Butcher Pinkham of Morice Town, master mariner (20/64), James King of Plymouth, merchant (16/64).

Lost in a collision off Tarifa on 25th February 1868.

 Amy

 (#62136) 167.3 Tons, Brigantine rigged. Built in Teignmouth in 1868.

Original owners William Pinkham of Stokeinteignhead, master mariner (28/64), John Butcher Pinkham of Devonport, master mariner (20/64), Joseph Soper of Newton Abbott, gentleman (16/64).

Registration closed on 26th February 1913 on sale to a Swedish subject.

 Eshcol

 (#62151) 181.56 Tons, Brigantine rigged. Built in Teignmouth by J. B. Mansfield in 1870.

Original owners William Pinkham of Stokeinteignhead, master mariner (22/64), John Butcher Pinkham of Devonport, master mariner (10/64), Joseph Soper of Newton Abbott, gentleman (32/64).

Lost at Port Michean, Nova Scotia on 24th November 1886.

 Eldra

(#68331) 214.89 Tons, Brigantine rigged. Built in Plymouth by Richard Hill in 1873.

Original owners James Pinkham senior of Exeter, master mariner (24/64), John Butcher Pinkham of Morice Town, master mariner (16/64), James King of Plymouth, merchant (16/64) and John Haydon senior of Newton Abbott, gentleman (8/64)

Registration transferred to Teignmouth in 1901.

Previous Page RobbinsPlace Contents Next Page
 
 
 
 

 

   
baby4 baby3 baby2 baby1 Mother Duck